(submitted by and photos by Gerald & Tammy Westmoreland)
Trinity Episcopal Church is the oldest church building in Natchez, and the oldest existing Episcopal church building in Mississippi. Although the Episcopal religion has been in the Natchez area since 1790, Trinity Episcopal Church was formed in 1822. The lot, on which present-day Trinity Church stands, was purchased in April, 1822 for $1500. Constructions was begun immediately. The first services, in the present building, were held in 1823. Services have been held at Trinity Church ever since.
Address: 305 South Commerce St., Natchez, Mississippi
Church Website: www.trinitynatchez.org
GPS Cooardinates: 31.557500, -91.403889